A faint whisper of powder comes across your nose. It’s notes are distinguished, mature and opulent. Light billows through oversized windows gilded in gold hardware, dancing as if it were flirting with the smoke of a candle. The sound of Ella Fitzgerald plays as you become lost in a dream. This is the Ritz.
As co-host of the Hearts aFlutter Tour, I spend a month each year in France. This year I had the pleasure of spending two nights at the Ritz and the experience changed my life. My vow is to live "La Vie En Rose" all my days and bring the elegance, sophistication and comfort of the Ritz home with me. For those of you longing to bring the magic of Paris into your home, here are a few suggestions, along with a few watercolors I painted in homage to the iconic hotel.
1. Wall paneling on all walls & creme colored paints.
2. Elegant window treatments with tassels.
3. Bed canopies and crown moulding throughout.
5. Gold hardware & fixtures
6. A distinct scent, specifically the Ritz Amber scent.
7. Elegant Lighting, and when in doubt, a chandelier.
8. Vintage prints, portraits and pressed flowers on the walls.
9. Monogrammed pillows for your guests.
10. Edith Piaf, Ella Fitzgerald and Billy Holiday always.
11. Have a chilled rose on hand at all times for guests.
12. Choose quality over quantity.
13. Open the windows and plant a garden, even if its just a flower box in your window.